Voluntary Blood Donation of Caritas Athens
The Greek-French "Saint Joseph" Kindergarten-Elementary School and High School in collaboration with Caritas Athens and the National Center for Voluntary Blood Donors (EKEA) organizes a voluntary blood donation on Saturday, December 19th 2020, from 10: 00 to 14:00, at the school's premises (2, Thessalonikis street, Pefki), inviting parents, employees and friends to participate in this action to meet the needs of our fellow human beings, especially those without a family environment, who are in need and seek help from the Organization.
The volunteer blood donor should have with him/her his/her ID card or passport, and the AMKA number and s/he should also know that:
BEFORE BLOOD DONATION
• To be 18-65 years old
• To be perfectly healthy
• Do not take any medication (certain formulations are excluded)
• Women should not donate blood during menstruation or pregnancy
• It must be at least 3 months since the previous blood donation
• Must have slept for at least 5 hours
• Have not consumed alcohol during the past 24 hours
• If there are tattoos, they must be at least 4 months old
• To have had a light breakfast (morning blood donation), or after 2-3 hours since a light lunch (afternoon blood donation)
AFTER BLOOD DONATION
• Drink the juice and eat the cookies that will be offered
• Stay at the Blood Donation site for at least half an hour
• Do not smoke for 2 hours
• Do not drive for 2 hours
• Do not do vigorous physical activity
• To drink a lot of liquids and eat a good meal
• Avoid drinking alcohol
• To seek help from nursing staff if feeling unwell
Blood sampling is completely safe and only takes a few minutes.
Blood can be doanted by healthy men and women aged 18-62.
The quantity offered is 300gr. That is about 1/20 of all our blood.
This quantity is regenerated in 10-15 minutes.
Before blood donation, a blood donor history, hematocrit test and blood pressure are recorded.
For more info and appointment you can call in the phone numbers: 213-2146716 & 213-2146726
The Blood Donation Department of Caritaς Athens warmly thanks the sensitized and responsible volunteer blood donors who will once again embrace the value of solidarity and altruism and will taste the joy of the offer, which nowadays is an invaluable value!
This Christmas, let our offer become the star that will give life to our fellow human beings!