Voluntary Blood Donation of Caritas Athens and Greek-French "Agios Iosif"
The Greek-French "Saint Joseph" Kindergarten-Elementary School and High School in collaboration with Caritas Athens and the National Center for Voluntary Blood Donors (EKEA) jointly organize, one more humanitarian action on Saturday, June 5th 2021, from 10: 00 to 14:00 (by appointment only) at the school's premises (2, Thessalonikis street, Pefki), inviting parents, employees and friends to participate in this action to meet the needs of our fellow human beings, especially those without a family environment, who are in need and seek help from the Organization.
For more info and appointment, you can call every day from 31/5/2021 until 04/06/2021 (09:00-15:00) in the phone numbers: 213-2146716 & 213-2146746.
With the hope of having more blood supply for the needs of our fellow human beings, let us all embrace an act of love from the heart…Let us also make a gift of life!
The volunteer blood donor should have with him/her his/her ID card or passport, and the AMKA number and s/he should also know that:
- If s/he has been vaccinated for COVID-19, s/he will be able to donate blood immediately the next day if s/he is feeling well, otherwise there should be no symptoms, 7 days after vaccination
- If s/he has had COVID, s/he may donate blood 28 days after the end of the symptoms
BEFORE BLOOD DONATION
• To be perfectly healthy
• Do not take any medication (certain formulations are excluded)
• Women should not donate blood during menstruation or pregnancy
• It must be at least 3 months since the previous blood donation
• To be rested and have slept for at least 5 hours
• Have not consumed alcohol during the past 24 hours
• To have had a light breakfast (morning blood donation), or after 2-3 hours since a light lunch (afternoon blood donation)
AFTER BLOOD DONATION
• Drink the juice and eat the cookies that will be offered
• Stay at the Blood Donation site for at least half an hour
• Do not smoke for 2 hours
• Do not drive for 2 hours
• Do not do vigorous physical activity
• To drink a lot of liquids and eat a good meal
• Avoid drinking alcohol
• To seek help from nursing staff if feeling unwell
Blood sampling is completely safe and only takes a few minutes.
- Blood can be doanted by healthy men and women aged 18-62.
- The quantity offered is 300gr. That is about 1/20 of all our blood.
- This quantity is regenerated in 10-15 minutes.
- Before blood donation, a blood donor history, hematocrit test and blood pressure are recorded.