Caritas Athens & Caritas Hellas Blood Donation
The first humanitarian action for the new year is jointly organized by Caritas Athens and Caritas Hellas in collaboration with the Hospital "G. GENNIMATAS ", on Friday, April 16, 2021, from 09:30 to 14:00 (by appointment only), in a room of the Catholic Church of Agios Dionysios (9 Omirou, Athens).
We therefore invite employees, volunteers, associates, members and friends to support this effort, by completing the application form, but also by disclosing it to people who can become blood donors.
The volunteer blood donor is an aware and responsible person, who embraces the value of solidarity and altruism and tastes the joy of offering, which nowadays is an invaluable value!
With the hope of having more blood supply for the needs of our fellow human beings, let us all embrace an act of love from the heart…
Let us also make a gift of life!
The volunteer blood donor should have with him/her his/her ID card or passport, and the AMKA number and s/he should also know that:
BEFORE BLOOD DONATION
- To be 18-65 years old
- To be perfectly healthy
- Do not take any medication (certain formulations are excluded)
- Women should not donate blood during menstruation or pregnancy
- It must be at least 3 months since the previous blood donation
- Must have slept for at least 5 hours
- Have not consumed alcohol during the past 24 hours
- If there are tattoos, they must be at least 4 months old
- To have had a light breakfast (morning blood donation), or after 2-3 hours since a light lunch (afternoon blood donation)
AFTER BLOOD DONATION
- Drink the juice and eat the cookies that will be offered
• Stay at the Blood Donation site for at least half an hour
• Do not smoke for 2 hours
• Do not drive for 2 hours
• Do not do vigorous physical activity
• To drink a lot of liquids and eat a good meal
• Avoid drinking alcohol
• To seek help from nursing staff if feeling unwell
Blood sampling is completely safe and only takes a few minutes.
- Blood can be doanted by healthy men and women aged 18-62.
- The quantity offered is 300gr. That is about 1/20 of all our blood.
- This quantity is regenerated in 10-15 minutes.
- Before blood donation, a blood donor history, hematocrit test and blood pressure are recorded.
For more info and appointment you can call in the phone number: 210-3626186